Spring Agriculture Weekend
Times: Please see inside for schedule
Cost: Included with standard daytime admission ($10 for adults, $5 for youth ages 4-17) or with Coggeshall Farm Museum membership or Old Sturbridge Village membership
We will kick off Coggeshall’s agriculture season on April 9th and 10th with a showcase of heritage breed livestock, historic gardening, farming practices, and the tools of the trade. Guests will be able to help prepare the garden while learning about our pasture and the animals that would have worked the land alongside their farmers. In the work yard, our blacksmith shop will be up and running during the weekend to connect visitors to the tools that enabled farmers to sustain their crops and animals.
Click here to purchase tickets for Saturday, April 9th
Click here to purchase tickets for Sunday, April 10th
- See how 18th-century farm families would prepare for the growing season
- Help plant seeds in the garden
- Watch a timed demonstration of forging a grub hoe in the Blacksmith Shop
- Meet our sheep, chickens, and pigs as well as guest goats from our friends at Gnarly Vines Farm.
- Visit with our guest team of Ayrshire oxen, Ned and Buster, and see them help plow the garden to prepare for another growing season.
- Learn about soil health and how animals play a vital role in the gardens and fields
- Stroll through our nature walk
- And More!